What will I receive?
Upon completion of the PAT testing you should receive a report that details the following as a minimum:
- An inventory containing each appliance type, name, location and description
- A full set of test results for each appliance tested
- A full list of any failed items with an explanation of their failure
- A visible pass or fail label on each appliance detailing the inspection date, next test due and the inspector’s signature.
Portable appliance testing or PAT Testing is the process of checking electrical appliances for safety through a series of visual inspections and electronic tests.
Why do I need to have my appliances tested?
The best way of ensuring that your appliances are safe is to have a PAT test carried out on them. This is a good way for you to ensure that they are meeting their legal obligations to maintain high standards of electrical safety in your appliances.
What does it involve?
To establish the safety and suitability of your electrical appliances, the competent person will carry out a visual inspection of the appliance, its plug and lead. Our highly trained engineer will help you to to achieve your requirement.
All portable appliances with a mains plug need electrical PAT testing. This includes:
- Vacuum Cleaners, Electric fan, Microwave Oven, Kettle, Rice Cooker
- Extension Leads, Computer Monitors, Office appliances requiring mains power
- Industrial tools such as grinder, drilling machine. etc requiring mains power